This RIfI website has been designed to be accessible to a wide range of users and comply to web content accessibility guidelines set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
The following list shows techniques used within this website to adhere to these standards:
- All non-text content is provided with text alternatives so that it can be utilised in other accessible ways, such as large print, braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
- Time based media, such as animations are provided with alternative images and text representation.
- Where relevant web pages are provided with a print page link so that content is presented in a simpler text based layout.
- Navigation is provided to assist users to find content and determine where they are. All links are visually distinguishable.
- Text content is readable, understandable and consistent in formatting.
- Web pages are compatible with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies.